Once the materials arrived in the evening, we started working on making the prototype. The following tasks were accomplished:
- Sourced around for square section beams and cut them to the appropriate sizes in order to make the legs of our frame
- Cut L-sections beams into the appropriate sizes required for making the base of the machine
- Cut circular rods into the required length. (cutting grooves onto the rod will be done tomorrow)
- Finalised the mechanism through which we would ensure that the position of the grooved rod could be adjusted
- Made a process plan to be followed for the next day
- Discussed and planned about how the assembly should take place
We also tried to arrange for materials that would let us test whether electricity is really produced from banana waste.